The TM30 report in Thailand
What is TM30 notification?
The TM 30 notification is known as a report for landlords, property possessors, or house owners to report about foreigners’ staying in their house for a specific period of time. It is also called “Notification from House-Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where Alien has stayed”. This form is one of the requirements for filing the 90-day report or the visa extension.
The purpose of this notification
For the Thai government to avoid the terrorists or over-stayed people
Who should make this notification?
The landlords, property processors, house owners, etc.
Note: If the owner failed to do the Tm30 in time, he will be fined 800 – 1,600 THB per tenant
How to Report TM 30?
If you are a foreigner, you have to prepare:
- a copy of your passport (photo page)
- a copy of the visa page in your passport
- a copy of the departure card
- a copy of the arrival stamp page
If you are the owner, you have to prepare:
- notification form TM 30 with all information filled
- a copy of your ID card or passport
- a copy of the title deed of the property
- a copy of the rental contract
In case the landlord authorizes someone to file the notification on his behalf, the authorized person has to bring:
- the letter of authorization to conduct the notification with a 10 Baht revenue stamp affixed
- a copy of ID card or passport of authorizer with certifying as a true copy
- a copy of the ID card of the authorized person with certify as a true copy
The reporter has to bring all required documents to the Immigration Bureau in Muang Thong Thani to complete the notification.
After the notification is done, the landlord will receive a receipt of the notification. The tenants/guests have to keep this one for their next 90-day report or visa extension.
Updated: Every service now is done at Muang Thong Thani – the new immigration office.